Thursday, April 27, 2006

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON

Computer failures and food poisoning. That's it in a nutshell. Today feels like the first day I've gotten out from behind the proverbial eightball from a total systems meltdown that began last Monday. For the food poisoning, I have no one to blame but myself. I cooked some turkey burgers that were a little on the pink side two Sundays ago and by Monday night both Stevie and I were feeling it. And, oddly enough, it manifested itself in exactly the same way: Intense intestinal discomfort and anxiety dreams about work (although in my case, my work dreams merged with dreams of Battlestar Galactica.

The laptop failure has no explanation. It just kind of died a slow death, the final symptoms being a kind of high pitched, desperate whirring noise that must be the iBook equivalent of a soul escaping. Fortunately, it was a work computer so it's not my job to repair or replace it and I'm getting a new one on Monday. I'll miss it. It was the first laptop I ever loved.

What else? That's about it. Stevie and I saw Regina Spektor live last night, which was great, although Stevie started falling asleep standing up, which was our cue to leave. Oh, and we're babysitting Scott and Ali's new pug puppy Iris this weekend. Should be fun. Scott, if you're reading this, I'll only kick her if she's really, really bad.

No comments: