Friday, June 09, 2006

"GOD BLESS CAPTAIN VERE!"

My entry in Coudal's 2006 edition of Field Tested Books, in which various people recall reading various books in various places, is live. It starts like this:


In the summer of 1992 I decide not to go home. I'd just finished my freshman year at Wittenberg University and, rather than move back into my parents' house, I opted for a part-time job in the admissions office and an empty room in a virtually abandoned dorm. Great plan except for one small problem: Campus life at Wittenberg-a small, Lutheran, liberal arts school-was hardly thrilling in the best of times; during the summer months it's the kind of place where you could die in your room and it would take days for someone to notice. (That's not a joke; it happened two floors down from me.)

You can read the rest here

I'm keeping good company, too. Nathan Rabin's there and so are a bunch of other good writers.


***UPDATE:: Link is fixed now.****


Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: