Friday, March 07, 2008


MY FAVORITE BAND THIS WEEK: Los Campesinos

I've been laying off music reviewing a little this year, if not quite as thoroughly or publicly as Noel Murray. But I still have opinions and my opinion is that Cardiff's Los Campesinos are awesome. They're young. They're Welsh. They have a violin player. And they sound like they're having a lot of fun while making some unpredictable-but-not-fussy and rhythmically charged music. Noel turned me on to the band's debut EP last year. The forthcoming full-length Hold On Now Youngsters does not disappoint. Here's a great track, that's not even the best on the album:



Los Campesinos: "We Are All Accelerated Readers"

2 comments:

Noel Murray said...

You're killing me here. I wish I could listen to that track.

Eric Grubbs said...

Let me know if this helps or hurts, Noel: sounds like Silent Alarm-era Bloc Party scaled back a tad and has friendly violin lines and female vocals. Good track I must say.