Tuesday, July 18, 2006

HITTING THE ROAD

Tomorrow Stevie and I are hitting the road (or the airways, anyway) for the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con. It's her first time there, and my second. (I've given her my copy of Gerard Jones' great history Men Of Tomorrow: Geeks, Gangsters, and the Birth Of The Comic Book for the plane ride. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the topic or even anyone who just wants to know what Kavalier And Clay was based on.) I'm going for work (and, of course) for pleasure. Stevie's going to meet the cast of Veronica Mars



A few specific goals this year:
• To successfully interview Big Movie Star X, with whom I have scheduled a one-on-one interview.
• To obtain a sketch from Brian Bolland or George Perez, both of whom will be in attendance
• To photograph some entertaining-looking costumed types for The A.V. Club

All seem pretty doable, but the place breeds chaos. I'll be checking in from time to time and posting regularly to The A.V. Club blog. Watching our place in our absence will be Young Scott Gordon of At Random fame. Presumably if the animals do anything particularly memorable, he'll make sure it gets documented. The world needs to know.

No comments: