Thursday, July 06, 2006

THE LONG LONG WEEKEND

I can't believe it's Thursday. I'm coming off a four-day weekend that, as relaxing as it was, has kind of thrown me off schedule. On Tuesday night, neither Stevie nor I could sleep after staying up late so many nights in a row. I think I need a schedule. But, at any rate, it was a lot of fun. We went to the drive-in for a double feature of Superman Returns (still good, but just good) and The Lake House (which I surprisingly liked, despite the chesseball premise, and the fact it was directed by the guy who did Valentine, a.k.a., that insufferable Brazillian movie about the kid who wears glasses, wants to be an astronaut, and plays unwitting matchmaker.) We did not, despite our best intentions, see Glenn Campbell at Taste Of Chicago, but we did see fireworks, Wordplay, and Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, that last one in the hope that it would somehow speed Roger Ebert's recovery. Oh, and a game called Rise Of Nations (pictured below) sucked up a lot of my time. It's a variation on the same game I always play, which is like Risk but a thousand times more complex. I don't think I'm ready for retirement, especially since I started to get a little antsy toward the end, but it was all quite nice.

No comments: